Wednesday, October 26, 2016

How are you doing?

If your family is anything like mine, the past few weeks have been a blur.  We started a few weeks ago with new school supplies, a fresh and ready for school smile (my tween son even asked me to make sure I woke him early to leave for school!), and the excitement of new things in a new year.
We are now settling in to routines, figuring out sports and activity schedules, finding time for homework and music practices, and working through new church season activity schedules.  Getting out of bed in the morning is not as easy as it was on that first day!!!
Now that the shine is (literally!) wearing off of the first few days of school, I'm checking in.  How are you and your family doing?  One of the hallmarks of a good relationship is the ability to listen, and I would love to hear your story(ies).  There are always good things happening, and there are always things that could be better.  One game our family plays on a daily basis over dinner is called "Two stars and a strike.....",  where my wife and I attempt to pry out of our children an evaluation of the day - what were two good things you experienced today, and what was one hard thing?  Often, there is very little we can do to change any of their experiences, but it gives them an opportunity to express not only what is happening, but how they are handling those experiences.
So, let me do the same with you!  Can you tell me two stars and a strike?  None of the questions is mandatory - you can skip straight to the strike, or you can provide only stars...  but I'll provide opportunity for both.  
Three ways you can respond:  
1) Online - https://goo.gl/forms/svQ1AYnqV4rvB2wj2  (this is easiest!)
2) Email - Send me an email with the subject "Two Stars and a Strike"
3) Write it down and send it in to the office to my attention.

Blessings to you as you enter this new week that the Lord has made.  We will rejoice and be glad in it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment